MLB Optimizer Tips
When using a MLB optimizer, you may want to set filters and use features to do the following:
- Stacking players in daily fantasy baseball is a widely used strategy. Like the example from football, baseball hitters benefit from each other having success. For example, when you’re rostering a player who hit in another of your players, you score fantasy points for both a run scored and a RBI.
- Avoid using batters against your pitcher. When the batters score fantasy points, your pitcher will lose fantasy points.
- Pay very close attention to weather. You want to make sure you avoid choosing players in games that get rained out. Also remember pitchers are unlikely to return to a game when there’s a rain delay mid way through the game.
- Focus on batters near the top of the order. Rarely should you roster players hitting below the 5th or 6th spot.
- Focus on paying up for pitching, as it’s important to have consistent performance from your pitchers. Pitching is the most consistent aspect of daily fantasy baseball.